Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) Assignment for Joseph Evans
Project Award Date: 08-18-2003
Joseph Evans, professor of EECS, will serve as program director for the Information Technology Research and Career Cross Directorate Programs, Division of Advanced Networking Infrastructure and Research, and Directorate for Computer and Information Science and Engineering.
His managerial and technical background will enhance the management, operation, and evaluation of programs within the Division. Evans will gain useful experience in the development, coordination, and management of large and complex federal programs. The National Science Foundation will benefit from the academic and scientific insights of Evans. The University of Kansas will benefit from the knowledge and experience he will gain in the program and policy-level matters and issues involving NSF.
Evans will implement the proposal review and evaluation process for the program. His other duties and responsibilities will include
- Conducting scientific technical analyses of proposals received in the program.
- Contributing, consistent with NSF directives, to the establishment or modification of the system of selection of ad hoc reviewers to meet NSF objectives and program needs.
- Selecting individuals to provide objective reviews of proposals either as experts or as members of a panel.
- Conducting programmatic reviews, determining funds availability, and evaluating similar or related projects, including internal and external liaison.
- Negotiating technical and financial revisions of proposals as required.
- Conducting final review of proposals and evaluations and recommending or declining awards based on knowledge or resources availability and program goals and peer reviewer comments.
- Evaluating projects and activities that are proposed or funded by conducting site visits and reviewing interim and final reports.
- Negotiating interagency agreements with other Federal agencies for transfer of funds to assist in the support of research and education.
Faculty Investigator(s): Joseph Evans (PI)
Primary Sponsor(s): National Science Foundation