- The President's Award, City University of Hong Kong, 2017
- Best Paper Award of the IEEE Transactions on Communications (2016 IEEE Communications Society Stephen O. Rice Prize in The Field of Communications Theory) for work with Sooyoung Hur, David J. Love, Jim V. Krogmeier, Tim A. Thomas, and Amitava Ghosh, 2016
- Best Paper Award of the IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC) for work with Sayantan Choudhury, Zhongyi Jin, Klaus Doppler, and Chittabrata Ghosh, 2012
- Nokia Research Center (NRC) Kudos Award, NRC, 2012
- Korean Government Scholarship for Studying Abroad, The Ministry of Commerce, Industry, and Energy, 2007-2009
- KAIST Graduate Scholarship, The Ministry of Science and Technology, 2002-2004
- Distinguished Scholar in Engineering College, Sogang University, 2000
Dr. Taejoon Kim joined the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department and ITTC at University of Kansas as an Assistant Professor in August 2017.
He earned Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, in 2011. From 2011 to 2012, he was with the Nokia Research Center, Berkeley, CA as a Senior Researcher and from 2013 to 2017, he was an assistant professor in the Electronics Engineering Department at City University of Hong Kong.
His research interests are in the design and analysis of communication systems, statistical signal processing, and MIMO wireless systems.