1. Your professor must first communicate with the ITTC Office Specialist as to your status:
    1. working in Nichols Hall, but not being paid by an ITTC project
    2. working in Nichols Hall, paid by an ITTC project
    3. other
  2. Come to Nichols Hall, to the ITTC Office Specialist, to get started. At this office you will:
    1. pick up a student handbook; please read through this handbook the first day after receiving it;
    2. get a desk assignment in Nichols (if requested by your professor);
    3. have your picture taken for the ITTC website;
    4. apply for an ITTC computer;
    5. If you are to be paid by an ITTC project, the initial set-up and signing of your Intent to Appoint form will be done at this time; your professor must communicate to the ITTC Office Specialist the project number, a job description, necessary qualifications, percent time and rate of pay beforehand.

      FOR GRA's only:

    6. If your professor's project will pay for tuition/fees, please give the office specialist a copy of your itemized tuition/fees bill.
  3. Take the key request form given to you by the Office Specialist to the Facilities Manager who will issue you the appropriate Nichols Hall key(s). You will need a $5 deposit for each key (check or cash).
  4. Go to the ITTC Program Assistant to finish your appointment process.

If you are a resident you will need to bring with you:

  1. Social Security card;
  2. Drivers license, KU ID, U.S. passport or other form of identification that establishes identity
  3. bank account information, if you want your paycheck deposited automatically.

If you are a non-resident alien you will need to bring with you:

  1. Passport;
  2. I-94;
  3. I-20 or IAP66 (J-1 may need letter from sponsoring agency, if other than KU)
  4. Social Security card;
  5. bank account information, if you want your paycheck deposited automatically

For GRAs only:

  • If you are not a resident of Kansas and you have a 50% appointment, you will also complete a Staff Rates Application form.

Partner with ITTC

The Information and Telecommunication Technology Center at the University of Kansas has developed several assistance policies that enhance interactions between the Center and local, Kansas, or national companies. 

ITTC assistance includes initial free consulting (normally one to five hours). If additional support is needed, ITTC will offer one of the following approaches: 

Sponsored Research Agreement

Individuals and organizations can enter into agreements with KUCR/ITTC and provide funds for sponsored research to be performed at ITTC with the assistance of faculty, staff and students.

Licensing and Royalty/Equity Agreement

An ITTC goal is the development of investment-grade technologies for transfer to, and marketing by, local, Kansas, and national businesses. To enhance this process, the Center has developed flexible policies that allow for licensing, royalty, and equity arrangements to meet both the needs of ITTC and the company.

Commercialization Development

Companies with a technology need that can be satisfied with ITTC's resources can look to us for assistance. We can develop a relationship with interested partners that will provide for the development of a technology suited for commercialization.

ITTC Resource Access

ITTC resources, including computers and software systems, may be made available to Kansas companies in accordance with the Center's mission and applicable Regents and University policies.

ITTC Calendar
There are no upcoming events at this time.